5 reasons why Michael Barsky Real Estate should list my house?
1. We brand your home, not my company. Each of our listings has its own website (example) with professional photography and video. Our marketing plan puts your home front and center--not just one listing among many. Not only does your home have its own dedicated website, we go the extra mile in making sure your listing penetrates the online market. When I give you a listing presentation, we'll talk in detail about this.
2. Michael's extensive experience. He has done more than 1,000 real estate transactions all over the Atlanta metro area, so he has a large network of other Agents, Mortgage professionals, and reliable inspectors and tradespeople.
3. Beautiful professional photography. Don't underestimate the power of plenty of photographs in a world where every buyer has the chance to examine each house online before even seeing one house in person. Our beautiful photographs showcase your home and maximize the chances that buyers will want to see it.
4. Our first rate collateral material. All brochures, signs, and flyers are full color and feature the professional photos of your home. But they also have "meat." We provide the information on your home and community that make a difference when buyers make decisions.
5. Tough, smart contract negotiations. No one can negotiate a contract like Michael! Working so much in new home sales means he has been involved in many lengthy and complex contracts. His eye for detail means a virtually error-free process. He is a tough, but realistic, negotiator who will get you the best offer possible.
Most important advice for sellers:
Hire a great agent--and take his or her advice! A great agent will be honest with you about what you need to do to get your home ready to sell. A great agent will use up to date and reliable information to give you an honest assessment of what you should list your house for. A great agent will market your home in a way that you cannot: great photographs and collateral material; an internet campaign that stretches past their own website and realtor.com. A great agent will follow-up with potential buyers and negotiate aggressively for you when you’re in a contract situation.
Price it right--if you hire a great agent, trust his or her judgment! Nothing is more important than pricing and you need the advice of experts to get it right. A great agent will not just research the most comparable recent sales information but will also know your current active listing competition.
Clean it up--inside and out! Box up and store almost all decorative items; you want the buyer to imagine their stuff in your house. If possible reduce furniture to a minimum—no crowded rooms. If you can afford it, a new coat of paint makes a huge difference, and replacing old carpet is always better than giving a “carpet allowance.” Clean like you’ve never cleaned before! Reduce all evidence of any pets (and try to remove pets during showings). See this article for a room by room checklist.
Drop everything for a showing. Don’t make it difficult for people to see your home; buyers may only be in your neighborhood for one day, and if you can’t accommodate them, they may buy another house without even seeing yours. Talk with your agent about how you would like to communicate about potential showings. Often texting is the quickest and easiest way, and it also leaves you with the information you need (day/time etc.).
Helpful Links for Sellers