5 reasons to choose Michael Barsky for your new home purchase
The process of buying a home is completely different when you're buying new construction. Let's begin at the beginning:
1. Lot selection: Only an agent who has done many new home transactions will truly understand how to walk a lot with you, showing you how to avoid common mistakes that can lead to big disappointments down the road. Are there drainage problems or easements? What will the home's orientation be on that particular lot (will the lot you've chosen provide enough daylight for your basement guest room?)
2. Very complicated contracts: Builder contracts are often not in the same format as resale which can be confusing for agents who mostly deal in resale. In addition, they contain many more details (such as deposit schedules) and often undergo more changes along the way. For example, closing dates often change.
3. Communication overload: Because the process is complicated it requires more ongoing communication over a longer time period between your agent and the builder's representatives. Many resale agents simply aren't used to this and find it difficult to manage.
4. Construction headaches: Construction is like liposuction--ugly and hard to watch but hopefully beautiful when it's all done. If you've never built a new home, it's hard to imagine how many details there are and how many potential issues there are. A Buyer's Agent like Michael, who understands the process intimately, can handle all those details and issues for you.
5. Home inspection is a process not a one-time appointment: Builders have finite timelines in all contracts; let me manage the various deadlines for you.
For Buyers of resale homes.
With me as your Buyer's Agent, you get more than just someone to make appointments and unlock Supra locks. Our back office work for our buyers is analytical and thorough: you will get Competitive Market Analyses, tax records and other background information the first time you visit a home with me. My background in construction also helps us look at every home from a knowledgeable perspective.
Helpful links for buyers